Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Job hunting...why do you have to do it?

I don't know what it is about job hunting that makes me so frustrated. How hard could it be to find a job? I live in an area where the unemployment rate is 2% and apparently that is a good thing. I am not the brightest person when it comes to figuring out why 2% actually means zero unemployment. They must have forgotten to teach me that in school. Apart from the actual job hunt, people ask me what I want to do with my life. Do I dare tell them what I really want to do? Because I actually did write out a list of my intersts and hobbies and they are so different! Travel agent, event planner, real estate agent (ideally for a corporate instead of residential), HR is good too, legal has its good points. You see by me writing this, I have no real direction except for getting my MBA in the next few years and hopefully having my own business. So really the MBA will play no role if I decide to go on my own. But the experience and the associations that you make with others in your situation is priceless. I have enjoyed the opportunities I have had like with BYU, Study abroad, the Olympics, working for the city of Park City...and so many more to come.

Here is a video of a song that is one of my favorite songs. Enjoy...

No comments: